Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Utah Marathon Relay/Kids K, Sept. 13, 2008

Hallie crossing the finish line of her first race, Kids K run(1 mile)!!
I started my running journey shortly after I had Hazen & Hallie loves to run on the treadmill after I run, so every time I have a race she begs to come with me. The race I ran in on Saturday had a kids run also, so I was so excited to enter Hallie. Luckily I only told her the Thursday before because she wanted to wear her running clothes constantly the few days before the race.
This is Hallie after the race. I was so proud of her, she did such a good job!! A mile is a long ways for a little kid. She had to walk for some of it, she fell down twice & scraped up both of her knees, but she wanted to keep going & finish, you could tell she was so proud of herself. She was so dang cute!!

Raelee & Hallie showing off their medals!

My cousin Raelee ran in the Kids K race as well, she actually won the kids run, she did so awesome, WAY TO GO RAELEE!! Hallie loves Raelee so much & they had fun running together!


Preslie, Haylee, Me, Hallie, Sharla, & Raelee

Preslie also ran in the race with the girls, she did such a good job too. I was so sad I didn't get a picture of just the 3 little girls together, but here's the group of us!!



Here's a picture of the whole fam' on race day. It was so fun to have Jake & the kids there!!




2008 Marathon Relay Team: Me, Haylee, Whitney, Sharla, & Malissa

We had so much fun running together this year. This run is such a fun one, because they have a live band playing the whole time & you get to hang out together & cheer each other on. I loved it!! We each ran 1/5 of a marathon, which was 5.2 miles each & I think we all rocked!! I just have to say that Haylee did AWESOME, she just had a baby 2 months ago & she was incredible, not to mention she looks awesome. I'm so proud of you Haylee, I'm so glad you did it!!





No comments: